Frequently Asked Questions - Skysetter Mobiles
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY DUE TO VAT AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ISSUES
1. Custom Orders - We love custom orders! If you would like something made that is unique to your business or home please contact me!
2. How long does it take to ship my mobile? Many of our mobiles are made to order. The average time to handcraft and ship your mobile was around 8 business days (see announcement at the top of the page for current production times). Larger mobiles can take around 7 to 15 business days to handcraft and ship. Custom hand painted mobiles take 7 to 21 business days depending on the size. Large metal mobiles can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months to complete depending on the complexity of the design.
3. Do you carry any mobiles in stock and ready to ship? My hand painted original artistic mobiles and metal mobiles are in stock ready to ship. The solid color mobiles are "made to order" only. This allows me the time to develop new designs or skills instead of creating stock that may sit on a shelf.
4. Where do you create your mobiles? All of my mobiles are created one by one in my Natchez, Mississippi studio.
5. How do you ship your orders? All of my mobile shipments are completed using UPS Ground both in the USA and abroad. Most of my mobiles fit in an 18 x 24 x 1 box and weigh 2lbs and ship from zip code 39120.
6. How do I hang a Skysetter Mobile? I personally use a 3m command utensil hook to hang almost all of my hand painted and plastic mobiles on a smooth ceiling. Many of my mobiles are very lightweight so they will move easily with the air currents in your home or business. Metal mobiles will require a 2.5" cup hook or larger depending on the size of the sculpture. The cup hook should be installed in a stud or a beam for maximum security.
7. Do you provide hanging hardware with my order? I do include a large cup hook and extension rod with all of my mobile sculptures to make hanging easier.
8. Mobile care and cleaning. All mobiles can be cleaned with a dry or slightly damp soft cloth occasionally. I do suggest that you clean a mobile that is kept in a kitchen or restaurant at least once per month.
9. I need my mobile to be shipped quickly. Do you offer a rush service? At this time I don't offer a paid rush service. I usually have around 10 orders on my workbench and don't want to delay someone's order to bump one ahead. With that said please contact me and I'll be happy to let you know if I can get one out to you quicker than normal. I may be able to take a little of my off time to get one out for you as a favor.
10. Shipping Policy - All of our shipping is completed using UPS Ground as of 12/10/2020. It is all insured and trackable. On the off chance that I need to use a different carrier I ship with Fedex and of course PO Box shipments will be completed using USPS. All shipments originate in Natchez Mississippi (39120). All shipments are insured. If your package is lost or damaged a new sculpture will be shipped upon confirmation of current status via images of damage and/or tracking confirmation. I am very fair and I want you to have a good shopping experience.
11. Return Policy - Returns are accepted in most cases. I accept returns within 15 days from the date of delivery with limitations. If the mobile has been removed from the packaging prior to return there will be a 30% restocking fee. If the mobile was returned damaged due to improper packing only a 50% refund will be issued. In the rare case that the mobile is damaged on its way to you I will ship a new one as soon as I can without any additional charges to you. Returns requested after 30 days will receive a store credit and be assessed on a case by case basis. If you refuse your shipment and it is returned to me I will refund you less the original shipping fee, the return shipping fee (yes, ups charges a return shipping fee) and a 20% restocking fee unless other arrangements have been made prior to refusing the shipment.
11-1. REFUSED SHIPMENT POLICY - If you refuse your shipment and it is returned to me I will refund UPON REQUEST. The refund will be calculated less the original shipping fee, the return shipping fee (yes, UPS charges a return shipping fee) and a 20% restocking fee unless other arrangements have been made prior to refusing the shipment.
12. Wholesale Orders - Occasionally I accept wholesale orders from well established fine art and craft galleries as well as museum stores. My minimum wholesale purchase is 12 pieces plus shipping. Contact me for more wholesale pricing information.
13. Commission Orders - If you are interested in representing my mobile or painting work in your gallery please contact me. I only accept commission relationships with galleries that have been established for at least 5 years and have a strong social media presence.
Please don't hesitate to ask a question. I want you to be happy and I don't upcharge when someone wants one red component in their black mobile. I love what I do and will be making a mobile anyway. Why not make it your way?